Monday, December 7, 2009

It sure is Monday...

Sorting thru the stacks of paperwork, trying to get organized, trying to plan this day, this week, trying to figure out how to once again pull the rabbit out of the hat. This is the ugly part of the busy season where every day is a constant rush to beat the mailman, have the boxes ready for the UPS man, and get out of stock items poured for orders that will ship tomorrow. I have just come from the candle shoppe, the heaters and wax melters are all on. I did make a mental note as I left that 2 fundraisers have to be completed today - both will be delivered tomorrow. Yehaw!!!

I had a great weekend with my cowboy! We went to his folks on Sunday afternoon to have my birthday lunch and they gave me four beautiful sweet william plants. ( I LOVE flowers!!!). The food was scrumptious and the company was good. Yes, my actual birthday is in the middle of July and yes, they celebrated it with me yesterday... long story. I appreciate them doing it and it did brighten my weekend. Gordon and I were able to get some Christmas shopping done while we were down in Macon. The stores were crowded and most shoppers seemed in good spirits - thank goodness!  I hate rude grumpy people!

My daughter comes home from Georgia Southern this week, to stay for a while. She plans to transfer to a local college. Having her here for the Thanksgiving made me realize just how much I miss having her around. I am excited to have her closer to me for a while and but pray for her often in hopes she will find her wings and figure out what it is she wants to do in life.

I still need to decorate the house for Christmas and becoming more frustrated by the day. I decided to have a live tree this year (hubby prefers them) which meant we had to buy new lights for the tree. Four stores later we are still struggling to find enough boxes of the LED lights that "match". We just discovered LED lights this year, supposedly them are much more energy efficient. We have also discovered that folks in our area prefer the "Warm" colored clear lights. So we now have 3 boxes of "warm" and 4 boxes of "cool" lights... SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?! What happened to the choice of just clear or colored??? I guess we will make yet another trip to the big city in the next few days to try to get all cool or all warm... so not what I need to spending time doing right now.

Off to the candle shop I am headed. Supposedly I have several elves who will be helping today. (YAY!) I do love this time of year! Sugar Plum Fairies here I come!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment