Friday, December 11, 2009

Some times you need to stand still and hear the silence...

It's been a mad, crazy week here - trying to complete all orders in house. The candle shop looks like a war zone, I have laundry stacked to the ceiling in my house, I have run out of clean clothes & will be sporting the scrubs today, my cats are out of their favorite food and I must go to the grocery store at some point. I still need to do about half of my Christmas shopping but at some point I have to figure out who I am buying what for. I think my stress level is through the roof but the end is in sight. Just a typical busy season for me.


As crazy as everything is for me this time of year, I would not trade this madness for anything. God is good, I am blessed, yes, I know it. I have decided to "pay it forward" and see if I can help raise some money for a group of local photographers who are raising money to build wells all around the world. Build wells so people can have clean water to drink  - a simple thing I take for granted and I suspect you do too. I have listed a Rain candle in my Etsy store and will donate it's proceeds to  Charity Water  - Buggy Town Lenses.  I realize the donation my few candle sales will not change the world by itself, but if I put my little bit with your little bit - soon our little bits will become a lot of bit and eventually we will make a change and make the world a little brighter for someone. To find our more visit their website:
http://mycharitywater.org/p/campaign?campaign_id=2347 


I think it's a win win situation for all involved - you get a great candle and remember "BuggyTown Candles make great gifts!". Charity Water will get a donation. We will all have taken a moment to pause in the crazy madness of this holiday season and do a little good for some one else. 




Hi ho Hi ho it's back to the candle shop I go. The last of the 2009 fundraisers go out today (YAY!) and we should be caught up on all in house orders by Monday (after we have a soap & lotion party this weekend - woohooo fun!) I hope you have a fabulous day and remember to smile - it makes people wonder what you are up to!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment