Friday, April 9, 2010

Make your own Laundry Detergent

After researching (and testing) several homemade laundry detergent recipes - I went to tweaking away at the recipe until I was happy with the final results. It's inexpensive to make and only takes a few minutes to put together. Not to mention I think our clothes are actually cleaner.

So here goes:
1 bar of soap finely grated (I use Ivory)
1 cup Borax
1 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (On the laundry soap isle)
1 Cup Baking Soda

Mix it all together and store in an air tight container. Use 2 Tablespoons per load. (More is not better) This is a non sudsing recipe so you won't see bubbles when you wash but you will see lots of dirt and grime in the water. :)

I use the bounce dryer bar in my dryer since this recipe will basically leave your clothes totally unscented. :) If you need to brighten your whites just add white vinegar to your clothes in the wash cycle. ~Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment